REALNETWORKS LAUNCHES REALTIMES, A BREAKTHROUGH IN HELPING CREATE, SAVE AND SHARE PERSONAL MEMORIES
The RealTimes app is now available globally for PC, smartphones, and tablets
SEATTLE, May 19, 2015 – RealNetworks, Inc. (NASDAQ: RNWK) today announced the launch of RealTimes™, an innovative new app and service. RealTimes is the fastest and easiest way to get the most out of all of your personal photos and videos. It finds the best photos and videos you’ve taken and automatically turns them into RealTimes Stories™ that can be easily saved and shared.
Experience the interactive Multimedia News Release here: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7450951-realnetworks-video-photo-sharing-app/.
RealTimes solves one of the biggest problems consumers face today: too many photos and videos, and not enough time to organize and share them. RealTimes automatically picks the best moments from a consumer’s photo and video camera roll – that big soccer goal or baby’s first birthday – and automatically and instantly creates an engaging RealTimes Story. It’s also easy and fast to customize RealTimes Stories by rearranging clips and photos, changing the duration, and adding filters and personal soundtracks. RealTimes Stories are fun to watch and can easily be shared – recipients don’t even need the app to view the Stories.
RealTimes is great for everyone who uses a smartphone to take pictures, which is to say anyone with a smartphone. But it’s especially valuable for parents, for two reasons: (1) parents take tons of photos and videos of their kids, and (2) because parents are super busy, they don’t have the time to cull through their massive camera rolls to enjoy their photos/videos again or the time to pick the best ones to share with friends and family – they need a solution that creates great results automatically.
“As a busy parent myself, I know firsthand how time-consuming it is to manage and sort through the massive number of photos and videos I take, not to mention trying to share them in a compelling way,” said Rob Glaser, CEO and founder of RealNetworks. “RealTimes automatically does the hard work by instantly creating professional quality RealTimes Stories that are much more enjoyable to watch and easy to share.”
The RealTimes app is available as a free download on nine different devices at launch, including: Android™ phones and tablets, iPhone™, iPad®, Windows® PCs, Roku® TV players, and Chromecast™. It will soon be available on Mac®, Amazon Fire Phone, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Kindle Fire, and Xbox One™. RealTimes comes with two gigabytes (2GB) of cloud storage for free, plus an additional five gigabytes (5GB) to users who enable Auto Upload.
RealTimes also offers two subscription plans: a $4.99 per month Premium Plan for an additional 25GB of storage and a $9.99 per month Unlimited Plan. The Unlimited Plan is one of the best offered on the market today. In addition to the two subscription plans, users can opt for the in-app $.99 purchase which allows them to create a RealTimes Story longer than 30 seconds.
RealTimes significantly expands upon the feature set of its predecessor, the acclaimed video app RealPlayer Cloud, which was launched in 2013 and has more than 11.5 million registered users worldwide. All of RealPlayer Cloud’s great features will be available in RealTimes and current RealPlayer Cloud users can easily upgrade to RealTimes for free. All of their personal media will be automatically migrated to their RealTimes account.
In addition to RealTimes Stories, the RealTimes all-in-one app is loaded with features for getting the most out of your personal media:
- Manage and enjoy your entire photo and video collection with one app
- Photos and videos are added automatically when auto upload is enabled
- Easily share all of your personal videos of any length and photos publicly or privately - recipients do not need the RealTimes app to be able to view the media shared
- Allows you to safely store your precious family memories in the cloud and access across all your devices
- Unlimited storage offered for all of your personal photos and videos for up to 15 devices (for a fee)
- All of your photos and videos are automatically organized into a timeline by date and location making it easy to access and view
- View videos and photos across your devices: TV, tablet, smartphone or PC - with the highest quality video possible and automatically formatted for each device
- Upload photos and videos to one account from multiple devices making it easy to manage and enjoy your entire video and photo collection in one place
- Invited friends and family are automatically notified when new photos, videos, and Stories are added to “Live Albums”
- Unlimited Plan subscribers have access to all music tracks, all filters/effects, unlimited RealTimes Story duration, and unlimited storage use for up to 15 devices
For more information on RealTimes, please visit Real.com. To get the RealTimes app:
- Some Key Insights About Parents, Personal Media And RealTimes www.realnetworks.com/realtimes/key-insights
About RealNetworks, Inc.
RealNetworks creates innovative applications and services that make it easy to connect with and enjoy digital media. RealNetworks invented the streaming media category and continues to connect consumers with their digital media both directly and through partners, aiming to support every network, device, media type and social network. RealNetworks continues to advance its apps to become the most consumer-friendly possible on the market. Find RealNetworks corporate information at www.realnetworks.com.
RealNetworks, RealTimes, RealTimes Stories, RealCloud, RealPlayer Cloud and RealPlayer are either registered trademarks or trademarks of RealNetworks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.