Last modified: January 2020
Please note: SAFR is provided to, and intended for use by, organizations such as schools and businesses. If an organization using SAFR collects personal information about individuals (including images and facial recognition data), that information is subject to that organization’s policies. If RealNetworks processes such data, it is because our customer (the organization that uses SAFR) has enabled cloud hosting and our processing is at the direction and on behalf of our customer. If you have questions about the processing of personal information collected through SAFR, or if you wish to exercise rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or similar privacy law, you should direct inquiries to that organization. RealNetworks is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from ours.
If you are a SAFR customer or a user of the SAFR website, and have any questions about our policies and practices, we encourage you to contact us via the contact information provided at the end of this Policy.
Information We Collect About You.
We collect information that is necessary to provide and improve our Services, to communicate with you, to conduct our operations effectively, and to support customer relations. Information collected may include:
- Your contact information. This may include information you provide to us when you register for Services, such as: your name, username, and contact details—including your email address, mailing address, telephone number and information about the institution you represent.
- Information concerning your use of Services. This information may relate to your activities on our SAFR website, including pages visited.
- Information about your hardware. This information may include your unique device ID (persistent/ non-persistent, MAC or IMEI), hardware, software, platform, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
How We Use Your Personal Information.
We use information to provide you with our Services, as well as to enable our operations. Such uses might include:
- Verifying your access rights;
- Determining whether your device meets our minimum system requirements;
- Enabling compatibility and interoperability;
- Initiating automatic updates to downloaded Services;
- Providing language and location customization;
- Developing aggregated statistics that help us better understand how our Services are used and how to market them;
- Improving our Services, such as fixing problems and continually improving the performance of features you may use; and
- Communicating with you, such as sending you messages concerning your account and customer service issues; asking you to participate in surveys; and delivering news, updates, promotions, and special offers.
When and How We Share Personal Information with Third Parties.
We will not share your personal information with third parties without your consent, except as necessary for the purposes set forth in this Policy. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and successors; or
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, provided that we will take reasonable measures to inform you in advance of such request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our customers, or others.
We use third-party analytics providers such as Google Analytics and Mixpanel to help us compile aggregated statistics about the operation and effectiveness of SAFR websites. Analytics providers set or read their own cookies, or other identifiers on your device, and transmit events through which they can collect information about your use of our websites and those of other companies.
Learn more about our analytics providers:
- You can learn more about Google Analytics, including how to opt-out, by visiting Google’s Privacy & Terms for Partners or visit our Cookies Policy.
- You can learn more about Mixpanel and how to opt-out by visiting our Cookies Policy
If you search for specific content on the SAFR website, the search terms may be embedded in the "search string" that appears in the URL display window of your web browser. Certain advertising services or third-party content providers may associate these search strings with cookies they set or retrieve from our pages.
Deleting Your Information.
We will delete your personal information when you delete your account or three years from your last interaction with our Services, whichever occurs first.
We revise this Policy as needed to keep it up-to-date with Services. When we do, we will update the date at the top of this Policy. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this page. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
1501 First Avenue South, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98134