At RealNetworks, we’re in the business of transformation. Changing how people access media. Redefining how they consume it. Pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
It all started with RealPlayer more than fifteen years ago. Since then, we’ve redefined how people connect with music, video, games, and more. From GameHouse, a creator of top mobile and social games to mobile messaging, music, video, and ringback tone services that reach more than 33 million active subscribers. Join our team and make difference in how the next generation of media is shared.
With our headquarters in Seattle, Washington, and offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia, we serve consumers, businesses, and institutions around the world. And we’re always looking for smart, curious people who are passionate about the same things we are. Do you want to be part of a team that is constantly striving for something better? Come work for us.
RealNetworks corporate culture is structured to run as a series of well-funded startup companies under the RealNetworks umbrella. Each of our product teams – RealPlayer, Mobile Entertainment, and GameHouse – have unique brands and products tied together with our trademark dedication to sharing digital media through innovative, industry-leading technology. We believe in running lean and Agile. When we moved to a brand new building in the summer of 2013, our new home was carefully designed to foster innovation and collaboration (try walking more than ten feet without running into a sitting area and white board!)
Although we have a work hard ethic, we also like to have fun. When the Seattle Seahawks won the Superbowl, employees donned the green and blue and celebrated civic pride. For the 2013 Academy Awards, every Friday afternoon the month of March included a showing of a best picture nominee. Our annual Halloween Party is epic, with team competitions for best costumes and decorations, and family friendly trick-or-treating options. Our annual week of Giving often includes corporate leaders agreeing to somewhat outrageous stunts for achieving group donation goals.
Benefits and Perks!
RealNetworks is committed to our employees and their families. We encourage a healthy work life balance by providing a variety of great benefits including an R&R week at the end of the year, excellent health coverage, and a fun, entrepreneurial environment.
Health and Wellness – We’ve got you covered!
- Comprehensive medical, excellent dental, and vision benefits
- No long waiting periods! Coverage starts the first of the month following your date of hire
- Free Health Advocate program to assist you with navigating the complex US health care system
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid short and long term disability coverage
- Onsite gym and subsidized fitness classes
- Massage therapist available onsite one day per week
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free bus pass or subsidized parking available
- Shuttle to/from the Seattle HQ from downtown core bus terminal
- Business Travel Accident Insurance fully company paid
- Borrow a bike!
- All full time employees start with 20 days of paid time off (PTO) available annually at the beginning of each calendar year. PTO increases with tenure and is pro-rated the first year, based on your date of hire.
- 9 paid holidays each year
- In addition to PTO and holiday pay, RealNetworks is closed during the week of Christmas each year for R&R! Everyone is off work, so they can spend time with family or friends and recharge to get ready for the new year ahead
- Pre-tax 401(k) plan with a company match
- Post-tax Roth 401(k) option available
- Employee Stock Purchase Program that provides a 15% discount
- Company paid life and accident insurance, with the option to purchase additional coverage your yourself, spouse/partner and children
- Matching of your charitable giving of up to $10,000/year to qualified non-profits
- The RealNetworks Foundation also matches your volunteer time at $15 per hour to qualified non-profit organizations
- Employee Referral bonuses up to $4500
The Fun Stuff
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks and beverages
- Onsite café with weekly hot lunch available
- Happy Hours Happen Here!
- Passport Perks discount card
- Free Rhapsody subscription
- Free RealTimes storage space
RealNetworks has a strong history of giving back to the community. In 2000, the Company created the RealNetworks Foundation which makes about $1.25 million in charitable grants per year.
A hallmark of the Foundation is the degree to which it engages employees in meaningful ways in its grant making. Employees volunteer their time to review applications, make site visits and then present their funding recommendations to the Foundation Board.
Serving on the Foundation's Review Team is a great way to get to know other employees while giving back to the community.
The Foundation also matches the personal contributions of employees (up to $10,000 per year!) and matches volunteer time with a grant of $15 per hour.
So, whether you're interested in serving on the Grant Review Team, volunteering with your colleagues in the community, or donating on your own, there's a Foundation program to support you